Monday, April 18, 2011

Rainy weekend

I have had an interesting weekend. Unfortunately I have not had time to finish any more paintings because this weekend was about spending time with my husband. He took some time off from work to rest up for his power-lifting meet. Now if you have no idea what that is, just picture a lot of really big men lifting A LOT of weight. It's much more complicating than that....but I assume my readers aren't too interested in the details of a testosterone filled sporting event. :)

His meet was on Sunday so he took Friday and Saturday off to get ready for it. Now I don't know about where you guys live, but we have had some nasty cold and very rainy weather over the last few days. Currently my jeep is on the fritz so the only other vehicle we have is Adam's motorcycle....I'm sure you get where I'm going with this. We had a few places to go that we had been planning on going that day since we don't often have a whole Saturday together, so we were determined not to let the rain deter us from accomplishing these plans. So on Saturday, while Adam was snoozing, I was watching the radar like a hawk trying to be the weatherman that I'm not, and find out when the breaks in the rain would  be. And what do you know....it worked! I woke him up and told we had an hour to get out and get home.....it was a chilly ride, but a dry one! I was very excited. And then later that night we decided to go to IHOP because Adam has been craving their chicken and waffles....so I jumped back into my weatherman role...and I was right again. :) We stayed dry and had a blast. Although everyone looked at us like we were completely insane as we walked into IHOP with our helmets and gear.  But we got our hot coffee and were good to go.

So that was my Saturday. Come Sunday we were up at 6:00 am to leave for Adam's meet in Sandwich, IL. We were there ALL day. Don't get me wrong, I had fun. But it was a very long day. We didn't get back until 8:30 that night. Now luckily Adam's friend went along so he drove us in his car and we didn't have to take the bike.

Wow, I wrote a lot only to explain why I haven't gotten any painting done this weekend. If I haven't lost you already I'm happy to tell you that I'm planning on painting today (after the house gets some seriously needed cleaning) and I'll post another painting by tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment